| Frequently Asked Questions |
We understand that unexpected events do happen. We do not charge for a cancellation fee. However, we ask that you notify us asap of the changes to make the time available for other clients. We do not require or retain credit card information. You are able to cancel in your booking account.
PRIOR TO WAXING
- Is there anything I should tell my Esthetician before the waxing begins?
- Because we care about your health and the integrity of your skin, Ms. Annie’s Waxing Studio is not able perform waxing treatments if: You are currently using Retin – A, Differin, Accutane . It’s recommended to discontinue the use of products at least 1-2 prior weeks to waxing. It's important that you tell your Esthetician if you have taken antibiotic in the six weeks prior to your waxing appointment or if you have taken any other medications with side effects that include skin thinning.
- Is there anything I should NOT do before a wax appointment?
- Limit the amount of caffeine or alcohol, since both can cause your skin to be dehydrated, more inflamed and more sensitive.
- Do not go tanning, do not soak in a hot tub
- most importantly, do not shave or trim. We need the hair to be at least a 1/4 inch.
- Are there any anti-aging, anti-acne, medications or cosmetics I should tell my Esthetician I use before the waxing begins?
- Many facial creams, washes, peels, serums, and gels contain ingredients that can make the skin sensitive to waxing. Often these kinds of facial products have retinoid, Retin-A, Renova, accutane, and alpha hydroxyl acids (AHA's) including glycolic acid. A short discussion with your Esthetician about what you are using is imperative.
- Is there anything I can do to prepare for a bikini wax?
- For optimum waxing results your hair needs to be at least a 1/4 of an inch long. If you normally shave, stop at least 3 weeks before coming in for waxing. Between your waxing appointments we recommend that you dry exfoliate your skin. Dry exfoliation sloughs off dead skin, allows new hair to grow and not get trapped, and overall it will help you maintain smoother, softer and healthier skin.
- What is the difference between Full Brazilians, Standard Bikini, and Tight Bikini?
- A Full Brazilian is to remove all the hair 2 inches out from the bikini line, everything from the top, the labia and the back side. We can leave a strip, a "bush," or a triangle in the front, depending on your preference. Either way, we're still removing the hair all around.
- Standard Bikini, we remove hair around the bikini line including the sides and top.
- Tight Bikini is in between a Standard Bikini and a full Brazilian. We leave a little or a lot on top and the labia, depending on the client, and then we remove the rest from the bikini lines to the back side.
- Feel free to discuss with your Esthetician about your preference. Almost everything can be done.
- What should I do if I’m scared or nervous?
- If you have never been waxed before, it is normal to feel scared or nervous, but when you come to Miss Annie’s you are seeing skilled professional. We use the finest quality wax specially formulated for sensitive skin and to reduce the “Ouch” factor greatly. Your Esthetician will walk you through the service at the pace that feels right for you.
- To make the treatment more comfortable, you may take a pain reliever at least ½ hour before treatment. Don’t worry, we get waxed too so we share your feelings!
- Do you double dip?
- Never. We pay extra attention to safety and sanitation.
- Do you take walk-ins?
- It is recommended that you call or book online using our super user friendly system for an appointment. We don’t have an in-house receptionist.
- What can I do after a waxing appointment to soothe my skin?
- Our post-treatment product, a cool Aloe Vera gel, helps to soothe and calm the skin. You don’t normally need to apply any other product until the next day. The first 24-48 hours are very important. Avoid using pools, hot tubs, and saunas at all cost. Try to avoid working out in the first 24-48 hours. The skin needs time to heal and sweat and friction will cause irritation. If you experience extended redness we find that applying a cold compress or hydrocortisone cream can help. Do not exfoliate your skin for two days after your waxing treatment. After the initial 48 hours post waxing, we encourage that you exfoliate the area 1-2 times a week depending on your skin.
- How do I prevent ingrown hair?
- Exfoliate...exfoliate!! When you exfoliate you are removing the top layer of dead skin, allowing new hair to grow free and not get trapped. Check out our all natural home care products>>
- How long should I wait to book my next appointment?
- We recommend you come in every 4 to 6 weeks. Make sure your hair growth is at least a 1/4 of an inch.
- What are the benefits of waxing over shaving?
- Waxing removes hair at the root, and after consistent waxing the hair begins to grow in finer. Consistent waxing exfoliates the skin, which can also result in softer and smoother skin. Hair that is a at least a quarter inch long when it’s waxed typically won't begin to grow back for two weeks. Shaving cuts the hair at a blunt angle causing stubble. Shaving does not pull the hair out at the root so the hair begins to grow back within hours.